Being dairy free for almost 4 years has led to me creating my own Christmas treat recipes with all the goodness and flavors of tradition goodies.
My younger sister made a white chocolate chip cranberry scone that is one of my favorites and inspired this creation. A common misconception is that eggs are dairy. While you can find Eggland’s Best eggs in the refrigerated section nationwide, they are in fact not dairy! Eggs are a huge staple in creating all my Christmas goodies like my Christmas Star Scones.
Did you know compared to ordinary eggs, Eggland’s Best eggs are the ONLY eggs that contain:
– 6x more vitamin D
-25% less saturated fat
-More than double the Omega
-3s & vitamin B12
-10x more vitamin E
What is your favorite Christmas treat?
Christmas Star Scones
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cups white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 cup Country Crock Plant Butter, frozen
- 2 cups Ocean Spray fresh cranberries
- 1 cup Nestle Tollhouse Allergen Free white chocolate chips, plus 1/2 cup for drizzle
- 1 cup So Delicious Organic Coconut Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 2 tsp water, lightly beaten together (for egg wash)
- coarse sugar for sprinkling
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using large holes of a box grater, grate frozen butter into the flour. Use fingers to work in the butter until it resembles a coarse meal. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- In separate bowl, whisk together coconut milk, eggs, and vanilla until smooth and incorporated.
- Use a fork to stir liquid ingredients into flour mixture until large clumps form. Gently stir in cranberries. Use hands to form dough into two even sized balls.
- Meanwhile, line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set oven to 400F, with rack on lower-middle position.
- On a lightly floured, flat surface, pat each dough ball evenly into an 8-inch circle, about 3/4 inch thick each. Using a very sharp knife, cut each circle into 8 triangle wedges. Place triangles on lined baking sheets, 1 inch apart.
- Brush the egg wash on top of each triangle. Sprinkle tops with coarse sugar.
- Bake one sheet at a time, about 14-17 minutes or until light golden
- Allow scones to cool completely to room temp.
- Melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and drizzle over the top.